Islamic Finance in South Asia has firmly taken root, with Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and the Maldives offering IF as a mainstream product, under the purview of the respective regulatory bodies. Amendments have also been made to the various Banking and Finance Acts and Regulations in order to encapsulate Islamic Banking within its framework. In India, it has been more sporadic with off-shore activity being the most obvious product offering, although some states have been innovative and chosen to chart their own course in anticipation of a more formalized industry in the future.
UTO EduConsult, which recently broke new ground in hosting its first ever international event in the Maldives, is pleased to announce yet another landmark event which will encompass the entire South Asian region; the 1st Islamic Finance Forum of South Asia (IFFSA). The event will discuss the challenges and the potential for the region as a whole, given that South Asia as a bloc comprises the largest concentration of Muslims in the entire world, surpassing even that of the Middle East. The first instalment of IFFSA, subsequently scheduled to be held in the various countries in the SA region on a rotational (annual) basis, will be held (ISA) on 26th and 27th July 2016.
Conference Key Topics / Discussions
- The Future of Islamic Finance in South Asia
- Country Presentations –Bangladesh, India, Maldives, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
- Creating a hub for Islamic Finance in South Asia
- South Asia – leveraging off the potential for South Asia.
- Cross Border opportunities including listing on foreign Exchanges.
- Off shore Funding opportunities – Lessons from other jurisdictions
- Sovereign Sukuks
- Banking for the “unbankable” – Is Islamic Microfinance a Success Story or still a Work in Progress
- Creating a common platform and the formation of a South Asian Islamic Finance Association (SAIFA)
- Takaful in South Asia – Development and Challenges
- The role of Capital Markets in IBF.
THE IFFSA “AWARDS”
The conference will precede the 1st Annual IFFSA Awards ceremony, scheduled for the evening of 27th July 2016, where industry players from across the region would be recognized against their peers in their respective countries, with some intra-regional awards also being presented to players whose services straddle the region.
Nominations are invited for various categories within the South Asian Regional countries of India, Bangladesh, Maldives, Pakistan & Sri Lanka. Awards will be presented country wise with a few awards that may be intra-regional.
We invite your organisation to be a part of this landmark event, focusing exclusively on countries in the South Asia Region.
The awards will be evaluated and assessed by a panel of independent judges of repute. Categories of Awards are;
- Islamic Bank (fully fledged)
- Takaful (fully fledged)
- Islamic Banking Window or Unit
- Takaful Window or Unit
- Islamic Leasing Co.
- Islamic Investment Bank
- Asset Management Company of the Year
- Islamic Microfinance company / project
- Islamic Finance Technology Provider
- Islamic Finance Education Provider
- Islamic Finance Advisory Services Provider
- Islamic Finance Capital Markets Service Provider
- Islamic Finance Product
- Islamic Finance Deal
- CSR Project
- Islamic Finance Turnaround Entity
- Islamic Finance Entity of the Year – Main Award
Closing Date for Nominations: 30th May 2016
No fee will be levied for Nomination Forms or submission of Applications for Awards
For Nomination Forms please email